I spent a lot of time this weekend trying to come up with a type of outline for my book during National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo. I jotted ideas down in my phone, but whenever I opened Word, ready to start typing, I had nothing! I must have opened and closed the document three or four times the entire weekend, each time excited that this would be it and I’d have an outline. No luck!
While I’m not exactly stressed about this, I am wondering if I should even be participating in NaNoWriMo, but something tells me that I can do this, so at least my confidence isn’t completely busted. I know that it will come to me eventually, hopefully before November 1st, and when it does I’ll be ready!
For now I will be focusing on what I know I need to do to help me write a book in a month:
- Work on creating a conflict and go from there
- Create strong characters; a Hero and a Heroine and their character description
- What do I want the message to the reader to be?
- Do I need to do any research for my work? (A destination perhaps?)
- Make a schedule that ables me to at least write 1,633 words a day, along with two GWW classes, a girl’s only weekend with my sister, and Thanksgiving all in my favorite month!