Everyone always asks me if I have any New Year’s resolutions. When I was younger I was able to answer this, but now I can’t. It’s a funny thing, these resolutions. Everyone at one time or another has made at least one during their lifetime, and on January 1st it becomes a great opportunity to make your “goals/dreams/wishes” if you will, come true. As we get older, I’ve seen how things don’t go always as planned. “Life got in the way,” someone might say down the line about not yet achieving their resolutions. My thoughts are why wait until January 1st? If you want something so bad, just go do it! Reach for your dreams and make them in a reality!
I think that I’ve grown over the past year. Not only am I more confident in my work, I’m not letting anything knock me down. Having said that, I want to share with you what I have planned for this year. They are not resolutions or dreams, but they are simply thing I want to get done. (If you put what you want to do in a “To Do” list form, it seems to make things less intimidating). So, here is my list for 2012:
- I want to finish editing my book first book, Redefined Dreams
- I will have the pleasure of doing quite a few more Guest Interviews/Posts, all which I’m excited to share. (If you’d like to be a Guest, please email me directly)
- I will once again be taking part in NaNoWriMo…and I will win again!
- I will be researching more about self-publishing
- And of course, I’ll be writing more. I do have three plots that I’m toying with and I’d like to see where they go
My overall advice is do not wait until 2013 to start living the life you’ve always wanted! It’s out there, and now it’s your turn to go get it!
What do you want to accomplish in 2012?