It’s been a long time coming that I share this blog post with you, my devoted readers, but I’m excited to share this with you. A lot has gone on since November, and posted this, which I titled “Why I’ve Decided To Self-Publish”.
There is nothing I want more than to be an author. It’s important to me because while I’m interested in a lot of other things, writing is the one thing I see myself doing for the rest of my life. It’s the only thing I want to do.
Here’s what I have done to achieve the goals of being an author:
- Written a book, (2 of them, actually)
- Worked with 2 AMAZING editors
- Have given my second book, THE RIGHT DESIGN, to beta readers — (you know who you three are and I love y’all!)
- And have had TRD professionally critiqued by two brilliant ladies — (you two ladies are pure gems!)
- **Currently, I’m still trying to fine-tune my first MS, REDEFINED DREAMS
As you can see, I’m missing the main part of becoming an author…BEING PUBLISHED! With the love and support of my family they encouraged me to give the traditional route a try first, so I did. I have sent queries and chapters of my MS to several publishing companies, but have had, so far, been rejected six times. I’m okay with being rejected, after all, it’s part of the business. At first, I kept my rejection to myself (and still haven’t told most people) because I really didn’t know how to feel about it, but as each rejection came my way it led me to think more seriously about the modern way about being published, which is to self-publish. I’m proud of myself for even trying because sending querying my MS was a huge step for a shy woman like me.
Years have passed since I’ve written my two books and I have a lot of ideas in mind, so in order to write them and continue on as an author, here’s what I need a plan, so here’s the announcement: I will be self-publishing THE RIGHT DESIGN. If you read my blog post that I linked above, then you know a few reason why I’m looking forward to taking on this challenge (from writer to author).
Whew! It feels so good to share the adventure and path I’ll be taking! Out with the stress of waiting and rejection, and bring on the stress of a self-published author – ;)!
Here’s what I’ll be working on now, along with the fine-tuning I mentioned above:
- Looking through beta readers advice and comments
- Writing yet another draft of TRD, thanks to the help of my critique ladies
- Reading “The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing“!
And, to share some inspiring words from author have been rejected, click HERE!