As some of you might know, I was planning to go on vacation with my hubby to Florida and stopping along the way. I got sick with a really bad eye infection, so we had to cancel our trip, but came up with what I’m calling Plan-B! We spent about six days at my family’s ranch doing nothing but relaxing and working very little. Though my eye infection was very painful and annoying, I still had a very memorable time. We came back home on our third wedding anniversary, December 12th! I had a wonderful anniversary with my hubby, who made me a delicious meal, and we even drank champagne out of the flutes we had at our reception:
Being a writer isn’t easy, but my hubby knows how hard I work, so for our anniversary, here are some really awesome writer gifts he gave me for our anniversary and for Christmas:
- A waterproof iPad case! This case is such an awesome gift! Since reading is part of my job, it’s not always easy to take a book in the shower, especially since I prefer reading through eBooks for the books I review. Since I have a ledge in the shower, I prop it up and start reading. Since receiving this case, my showers have grown increasingly longer. HERE is the link to the case if you’d like one, too. Oh, and my hubby bought me the purple one — yay!
- Writer shot glasses! Enough said! HERE is the link to purchase a set!
- A paperback of Jane Eyrotica! This was kind of a joke gift. We were in a bookstore and he saw me flipping through it, which was in the comedy/joke section. I think it’s based off of a “50 Shades of Grey.” If you’re intrigued, HERE is the link to buy the book.
- A picture of a red phone booth! This was really special to me. One of my best friends took this picture when he was in England. Since Chick Lit began, or so they say, in England, it’s a constant reminder of what my goal is, to write Chick Lit! I have yet to hang it in my office, which I’m hoping to do soon.
- A writer quotation box! I love this box and love the great writer quote by Hemingway! HERE is the link to buy the awesome box!
- The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker! Since I drink tea instead of coffee, this tea-maker is my new love! Buy it HERE!
As you can see, I had an amazing anniversary and a wonderful Christmas, even though plans changed. I surprisingly enjoyed the time off. I’m usually one who’s going and going, so it was nice to have most of the month of December off. I encourage you to take time to not work as much and take time with your loved ones, as time is precious.
Now that it’s January, I’m ready to get back to work, enjoying life and not sweating the small stuff as much as I have.