Author Interview with Alexa Riley
About the author: Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.
They specialize in
- Describe your writing style in five words: Easy, over the top, fluffy, sexy, and fun.
- Tell us about your writing/editing/publishing process: We write as much as we can during the week and take weekends off. Our editor has been with us from the beginning and we trust her to help us write our best stories. We’ve
self publishedalmost all of our books and luckily Amazon makes that process super easy.
- How did the two of you start and learn to collaborate? We started out as bloggers and when we couldn’t find the romances we wanted to read we decided to write our own.
- What do you love about the genre you write in? Romance is fun and the women who read it are so supportive and really celebrate that.
- Describe your perfect day: It sounds silly but we get to live that most of the time. We get to write the stories we love for people who love reading them. It’s a ton of work, but it’s something we both love more than anything.
- Do you have any writing superstitions?
when Lea thinks the heroine is too over-the-top the book is successful. Which is probably why our heroines are always over the top. Usually
- Every author must have (a): One person who won’t judge what you write. It doesn’t have to be a friend or even someone you know that well. But a person in the romance community who can read your work and not judge you for your fantasy.
- What keeps you two motivated on a daily basis? Each other. It’s fun writing together but it also holds each of us accountable.
- Is social media more of help or hinder? It’s an amazing way to connect with readers and to talk about what we love. It can hinder a productive day if you’re not able to put the phone down, but
otherwisehow awesome it is that we get to meet so many people from across the globe we wouldn’t have been able to otherwise!?
- What is the best advice you can give those who want to collaborate with another author? Check your egos at the door. You can’t write well together if you think your words are better than your partners. It’s a collaboration and everyone has their own strength to bring to the table. Being able to recognize that is awesome, but you’ve got to be able to take the criticism and keep going.
- What do you want readers to take away from your books? That reading romance feels good and is an amazing form of
self care. It’s easy to get sucked into fantasy and not pay attention to reality all around you, but loving romance and having those feelings of lust are wonderful and we hope people who read our books experience that.
- What are you working on right now? Out this Friday is Too Many that is the follow up to Too Hard. Then our podcast book comes out the 3rd of next month and we’ll be releasing
a eBookwith it Pretty Virgin. Currentlywe’re writing two books. Restored is about a guy who fixes the car that the heroine and her dad used to take to car shows before he died. It’s a steamy quick read with lots of emotion. And the other one is called Not Yet, and it’s a step-siblingshigh school romance that is so hot it’s going to light up the night!
**Contact Alexa Riley: